Out of Zone Enrolments
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate

Out of Zone Enrolments

Out of Zone Enrolments across all year groups for 2024 have closed.   


Information about our AOS and how to apply will be sent to successful enrolment applicants after the Ballot Date (6 September). 

School Donation

Payment of the School Donation is expected once you accept your offer of a place at the school.

Supporting Documentation

Please double-check you have all your supporting documents with you at the Out of Zone Interview Day. You now have the option to attach certain documents to the online application form.  An enrolment application will only be processed when it is complete. An application is considered complete when all sections are answered and all certified supporting documents are received. Certified means that a copy of a document and its original are presented to a Justice of the Peace or Solicitor so that it can be verified as a true copy. Further documentation may be requested if necessary.

Documents Required for an Out of Zone Enrolment

All Students

  • Copy of their latest school report or progress report.  If not available now you can submit this at a later date.
    Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Enrol in a New Zealand School
  • Copy of birth certificate (in English) showing parents’ names (unabridged) or family register if no birth certificate

NZ & Australian Citizens

  • Copy of New Zealand or Australian passport( photo page) or NZ citizenship certificate

All other students

  • Certified copy of passport (photo page) and Residency Visa or domestic Student Visa, together with parents’ passports and residency or work visas.

Documents required to support an 'Out of Zone - Priority' Application

If the sibling is currently attending Westlake Boys:

  • provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged)

If the sibling is a former Westlake Boys student:

  • provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged); and
  • provide a copy of one of the siblings Westlake Boys High School reports/certificates

If the father is a Westlake Boys ‘Old Boy’:

  • provide a copy of the father’s passport (photo page); and
  • provide an old school report or certificate

Withdrawing an Enrolment at Westlake Boys High School

If the parents/caregivers decide not to accept an Offer of Place for their son, or later change their mind, and have paid the School Donation, a refund can be requested from the School Cashier provided the original school receipt is returned. 

Out of Zone Enrolment - Years 10 to 13 (Ballot)

Closing date for Y10 - Y13 Enrolment Applications (for Ballot entry)

For out-of-zone students wishing to join our school in Years 10, 11, 12 or 13, we decide whether or not we will hold a ballot for entry every October. Our decision is based on what we know about the size of the year group in the coming year, the size of school, whether or not we have places available in NCEA streams, and the likely availability of spaces in specific courses.

Enrolment FAQs

2023 Prospectus