Out of Zone Enrolments - Year 9
Please complete the online enrolment application.
Students entering Year 9 and 10 have the opportunity to apply for a place in the Te Whānau Rūmaki o Te Puna Māori Immersion Class. Whānau who have a passion for the te reo me ngā tikanga are encouraged to apply.
After you have submitted the Out of Zone or Out of Zone Priority application you will need to bring your son to Westlake Boys for an interview. Please check the Out of Zone and Out of Zone Priority Interview dates and times (no appointments are given) and refer to the Enrolment Checklist to help you compile the documents that are required to complete your son’s enrolment.
Year 9 Interviews
The Year 9 Curriculum will be discussed and your son will have the opportunity to select a language and apply to do a full-year Music course should he be interested.
WESTLAKE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY OF SPORT (AOS)
Information about our AOS and how to apply will be sent to successful enrolment applicants after the Ballot Date (14 September).
Payment of the School Donation is expected once you accept your offer of a place at the school.
Please double-check you have all your supporting documents with you at the Out of Zone Interview Day. You now have the option to attach certain documents to the online application form. An enrolment application will only be processed when it is complete. An application is considered complete when all sections are answered and all certified supporting documents are received. Certified means that a copy of a document and its original are presented to a Justice of the Peace or Solicitor so that it can be verified as a true copy. Further documentation may be requested if necessary.
Documents Required for an Out of Zone Enrolment
- Copy of their latest school report or progress report. If not available now you can submit this at a later date.
Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Enrol in a New Zealand School
- Copy of birth certificate (in English) showing parents’ names (unabridged) or family register if no birth certificate
NZ & Australian Citizens
- Copy of New Zealand or Australian passport( photo page) or NZ citizenship certificate
All other students
- Certified copy of passport (photo page) and Residency Visa or domestic Student Visa, together with parents’ passports and residency or work visas.
Documents required to support an 'Out of Zone - Priority' Application
If the sibling is currently attending Westlake Boys:
- provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged)
If the sibling is a former Westlake Boys student:
- provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged); and
- provide a copy of one of the siblings Westlake Boys High School reports/certificates
If the father is a Westlake Boys ‘Old Boy’:
- provide a copy of the father’s passport (photo page); and
- provide an old school report or certificate
Withdrawing an Enrolment at Westlake Boys High School
If the parents/caregivers decide not to accept an Offer of Place for their son, or later change their mind, and have paid the School Donation, a refund can be requested from the School Cashier provided the original school receipt is returned.
Out of Zone Enrolment - Years 10 to 13 (Ballot)
Closing date for Y10 - Y13 Enrolment Applications (for Ballot entry)
For out-of-zone students wishing to join our school in Years 10, 11, 12 or 13, we decide whether or not we will hold a ballot for entry every October. Our decision is based on what we know about the size of the year group in the coming year, the size of school, whether or not we have places available in NCEA streams, and the likely availability of spaces in specific courses.
We therefore ask all prospective candidates for entry into Years 10 to 13 to complete the online enrolment application at the link below and submit it by 4pm on Friday 28 October 2022. Please ensure you complete the Expression of Interest within the application form. We will inform successful applicants shortly after 28 October 2022.