Out of Zone Enrolment
Please read the Westlake Boys High School enrolment FAQs first
Out of Zone Enrolment
Enrolment Dates and Information - Year 9
Important Information for Out of Zone Students Enrolling in 2019:
School Donation and Textbook Bond
The School Donation for all out of zone applications is expected once you accept your offer of place at the school.
The textbook bond of $100 will also be payable once you accept your offer of place at the school. You can apply for a refund of the textbook bond within two years of your son leaving Westlake provided he officially signed out of school, returned all his textbooks and paid all monies owing to the school.
Please double-check you have all your supporting documents with you at the Out of Zone Interview Day. An enrolment application will only be processed when it is complete. An application is considered complete when all sections are answered and all certified supporting documents are received. Certified means that a copy of a document and its original are presented to a Justice of the Peace or Solicitor so that it can be verified as a true copy. Further documentation may be requested if necessary.
Documents Required for an Out of Zone Enrolment
- Copy of their latest school report
Proof of Identity and Eligibility to Enrol in a New Zealand School
- Copy of birth certificate (in English) showing parents’ names (unabridged) or family register if no birth certificate
NZ & Australian Citizens
- Copy of New Zealand or Australian passport( photo page) or NZ citizenship certificate
All other students
- Certified copy of passport (photo page) and Residency Visa or domestic Student Visa, together with parents’ passports and residency or work visas.
Documents required to support an 'Out of Zone - Priority' Application
If the sibling is currently attending Westlake Boys:
- provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged)
If the sibling is a former Westlake Boys student:
- provide a copy of the sibling’s Birth Certificate (in English) showing the parents’ names (unabridged); and
- provide a copy of one of the siblings Westlake Boys High School reports/certificates
If the father is a Westlake Boys ‘Old Boy’:
- provide a copy of the father’s passport (photo page); and
- provide an old school report or certificate
Withdrawing an Enrolment at Westlake Boys High School
If the parents/caregivers decide not to accept an Offer of Place for their son, or later change their mind, and have paid the School Donation, a refund can be requested from the School Cashier provided the original school receipt is returned. The Textbook Bond can also be refunded in full when an enrolment does not proceed.
Out of Zone Enrolment - Years 10 to 13 (Ballot)
Closing date for Y10 - Y13 Enrolment Applications (for Ballot entry)
Applications received after 25th October cannot be included in the ballot for places in 2020
For out of zone students wishing to join our school in Years 10, 11, 12 or 13, we decide whether or not we will hold a ballot for entry every October. Our decision is based on what we know about the size of the year group in the coming year, the size of school, whether or not we have places available in NCEA streams, and the likely availability of spaces in specific courses.
We therefore ask all prospective candidates for entry into Years 10 to 13 to complete the on-line enrolment application at the link below and submit it by 4pm on Friday 25th October 2019. Applicants will be informed in November 2019 whether a ballot will be held and whether or not they have been successful.
Click on the link to complete the on-line application. Applications must be submitted by Friday 25th October.
2020 Enrolment Form - open from the 1st July 2019